So I've been dying to make a killer dish with the Cappello's gluten and grain free pasta that's been chillin' in my freezer and a friend invited me to a paleo dinner party last night and I knew it was the perfect time to whip something up. I wanted something light and fresh with lots of protein and veggies so I came up with this super simple, fast and delicious recipe. And I'm not kidding, it was so easy! I procrastinated until about 20 minutes before I had to leave for the party and I still made it in time. Another reason I'm super excited about this recipe? Because I've been extra busy lately and I know the simplicity and quick prep will help me stay on track with my diet. I've been training a lot more lately with my sights set on competing at the CrossFit Games next year and nutrition is so important. Obviously nutrition is always important, but it can really separate a good athlete from a great one. I want to make sure that when the time comes I've done everything I possibly could have to prepare. From my training, to my diet, to the amount of sleep I get, no stone will be unturned. Only then will I truly know I've done everything I could. And I hope this yummy recipe keeps you on track whatever your goals might be!
The dish was also a hit at this paleo dinner party I went to, and it paired great with all of the hearty winter dishes that had been shared. Mashed fauxtatoes, brussels sprouts and bacon, and a delicious pot roast! This was definitely a paleo feast like no other.
Pesto Gnocchi with Shrimp and Asparagus
Prep 5 min
Cooking 15 min
- 1 package of Cappello's Gnocchi
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled
- 1 bundle of asparagus, chopped
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/4 cup homemade pesto
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pan sauté the asparagus in olive oil, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes
- Add in the shrimp and continue to sauté until fully cooked
- Bring a pot of water to boil then add in the gnocchi, cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the gnocchi floats to the top
- Drain the gnocchi and transfer to a large bowl, add the asparagus, shrimp and pesto and stir together and serve