I'm really excited to share this recipe and guest post from Bob, the blogger and owner of Not So Fast Food. He's got some incredible recipes, but he was generous enough to share this epic one with me. He also has a Paleo food truck, which is pretty awesome. I think I need to plan a trip down to San Diego to try it out. Anyone want to come along? Here's a little message from Bob before he shares this delicious recipe with us: Did I say Bacon, Chocolate Chip Cookies?!?!?! You betta believe it! I mean...what's not to love here? I combined two of everyone's favorites! BACON & Chocolate Chip Cookies. The craze of the past few years has been the combination of Bacon & Chocolate and I get why! It's FREAKING delicious!!!!!! One dilemma I have on my Primal lifestyle is my sweet tooth.....I absolutely love chocolate. Gummi Bears are my other kryptonite, but, I don't have them very often anymore. Chocolate though, I can't get enough of a delicious piece of dark chocolate, especially with Coconut. Better get ready for A LOT of Chocolate desserts on this Blog. The baking time for the cookies will depend on the size you make them. I aim for a good sized tablespoon of dough!
NOTE: I know you can't see the Bacon chunks in the picture of the cookies, but, don't fret..you'll get that BACON-Y awesomeness once you dig in! Also, if you choose to make a HUGE mistake and not use bacon in this dish, the cookies will just be ...delicious and not RIDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS.
- 1C Coconut Oil
- 3/4C Coconut Sugar
- 9 Eggs
- 1TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/4TSP Sea Salt
- 1/2TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2C Coconut Flour
- 1C Almond Flour (I make my own in a Vitamix)
- 1C Shredded Coconut
- 2C Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- 1LB Bacon, chopped
Equipment: Mixing Bowl, Spatula, Whisk, Silicone Baking Sheet
- BACON: Line a baking sheet with foil and place bacon strip down on one layer, place in oven and set to 400 degrees. Cook for about 15-18 minutes. You don't want the Bacon overcooked or too crispy.
- Remove pan from oven, remove Bacon from pan and set on paper towel.
- Once cool, chop Bacon.
- Set Oven to 355 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl (Salt, Coconut Flour, Almond Flour, Shredded Coconut, Baking Soda) and whisk together thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine your Eggs, Coconut Sugar, and Vanilla and mix with a fork.
- Melt your Coconut Oil in the microwave.
- Combine melted Coconut Oil and Egg mixture in with dry ingredients and stir.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips & Chopped Bacon.
- Spoon a large TBSP of dough onto a Silicone Baking Sheet and place on center rack. Keep an eye from 15 minutes on. You can choose when to pull them depending on your preferred tenderness.
- Once your cookies are done, let them rest for 5-10 minutes so you don't burn your tongue on the scorching chocolate!