I'm just about to head out for a competition in Reno this weekend. It will be my first individual competition which is nerve racking but also quite exciting! But before I do I had to share this recipe with you. I stumbled upon Real Food By Dad this week and boy does he make some incredible dishes! They aren't paleo, but his photographs are mouth watering. One of his posts is a series of stuffed baked potatoes and I decided to make something quite similar with a sweet potato. This will certainly be my new go to brunch. It's delicious and filling and perfect for a Sunday morning.
Bacon and Egg Stuffed Sweet Potato
Prep 1 hour
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- Paleo Butter
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Wash and dry the sweet potato and rub with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for approx. 50-60 minutes. Check with a fork to see when the potato is tender and cooked through.
- About 10 minutes before the potato is finished cooking prepare the egg and bacon. Cook the bacon on a pan over medium heat, when it's cooked to your liking remove, drain the oil and prepare your egg. I cooked mine sunny side up, but you can fry yours however you like them.
- When the sweet potato is done remove, cut open and stuff with paleo butter, bacon, egg, avocado, chives, salt and pepper