Happy Halloween! I hope everyone has some fun plans for the weekend. I'll be going to a costume party tomorrow evening then lifting at my second weightlifting competition Sunday afternoon. It should be a busy fun filled time. I've been trying to think of some delicious treats to bring to the party and decided to bust out my mini tart pan. This spiralled into several different recipe ideas and I ended up spending the entire day making a variety of mini tarts. It was fun and tasty. This was one of my favorites and it's the perfect dessert/appetizer to take or put out at your party this weekend or anytime during the holiday season. I hope you enjoy them and have a safe and fun Halloween. Enjoy your treats.
Pumpkin Pecan Pie Tarts
Prep 15 min
Cooking 45 min
Servings 24 tarts
For the crust:
- 2 packages of Cappellos Lasagne Sheets (or you can make the pie crust from this recipe, I'd suggest making a couple batches, then rolling it out between two pieces of parchment paper)
For the pumpkin pie filling:
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
For the pecan pie topping:
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 cup palm shortening
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 & 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare and roll out your crust, or remove the Cappellos Lasagne sheets from their package, and use a round cookie cutter to make 24 separate crusts.
- Push each crust into the lining of your tart pan.
- Next prepare the pumpkin pie filling by blending all ingredients together in a bowl with a hand mixer.
- When thoroughly combined fill each tart, almost to the top of the crust.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While that is baking prepare the pecan pie topping by combining all ingredients in a separate bowl and blending with your hand mixer.
- When the pumpkin pie is done baking, remove, scoop some of the pecan pie topping onto each tart and return to the oven for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.