I’m just sitting here watching the super bowl and drinking wine with my grandma. And by super bowl I mean the commercials, and Lady Gaga, and the half time show. It only seemed appropriate though that I should make us some proper super bowl snacks to enjoy while we watch.
I've had a craving for meatballs lately and since I had some 5280 ground beef in the freezer and some new sriracha sauce to try out, this seemed like the perfect combo. Also, I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to spicy, so I needed to sweeten them up a little bit. I decided to use some honey and oh my goodness they turned out so good! These make the perfect appetizer and you can pop them in the crockpot in the morning and have them ready for any party you have going on in the afternoon. I hope you (and your company) enjoy them!
Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Slow Cooker Meatballs
Prep 10 min
Cooking 6 hours
Servings 18 meatballs
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- In a bowl combine all of the meatball ingredients and mix with your hands
- Plug in your crockpot and set to low.
- Form the meatballs and place them in your crockpot (should make approx. 18 meatballs)
- In a bowl combine all of the sauce ingredients. You may need to warm the honey so that it will mix well.
- Pour half of the sauce over the meatballs (save the other half of the sauce for when they're done), cover and cook for 6 hours.
- Remove the meatballs, place on a tray, spoon the additional sauce over each meatball, and put a toothpick in each one if serving them as an appetizer.