There really isn't anything earth shattering about this recipe, but nevertheless it's delicious and a typical breakfast for me. The reason I wanted to share it was because for some reason in the past I found poached eggs intimidating. I thought they were difficult to make and therefore I never made them. Until one day when I was really craving one and I decided to try it, and to my surprise it was so simple. I don't know why I'd wasted so many years fearing the poached egg!
I just love how perfectly a poached egg turns out. A nicely cooked white with a gooey center. And when you have farm fresh eggs they're the best. They're so pure and taste so good!
Prep 5 mins
Cooking 5 mins
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil
- Reduce to a simmer and add the white vinegar
- Crack your egg into a cup or shallow bowl
- Use a spoon to create a whirlpool with the water in your saucepan
- Ease the egg into the water
- Cook for approximately 4 minutes
- Remove with a slotted spoon
- Serve over sautéed asparagus, yams and bacon (or whatever you like!)