What a busy week! But it's been awesome. I started coaching again and I've been driving a tractor to help out my dad so I've had some VERY EARLY mornings! Typically I take my sweet time in the morning drinking cup after cup of coffee and making a really good breakfast. But with some slightly busier days I wanted to cut back on the time I spent cooking in the morning so I could still enjoy my coffee and not feel too rushed. I decided to whip up these breakfast casseroles and baked them in individual dishes so that I could just grab them and reheat them on my early mornings. It's been awesome and they taste amazing!
Gosh they're so pretty! I love breakfast.
I bake the bell peppers, onions and sweet potatoes for about 15 minutes before mixing them in with the eggs and sausage so that everything's evenly cooked. Also, I used some egg whites in this recipe because I track my macros, but if you want you can just use whole eggs too!
Sausage, Kale, and Red Pepper Breakfast Casserole
Prep 10 min
Cooking 45 min
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1/2 sweet potato, sliced very thin (I used a julienne peeler)
- 1/4 tsp chili poweder
- 2 pieces of sausage, chopped
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a baking sheet and lay out the bell peppers, onions and sweet potatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper and the chili powder and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a pan over medium heat add the sausage and kale and cook for a few minutes, then set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg whites and eggs with salt and pepper.
- When the vegetables are done cooking, mix together with the sausage and kale and spoon into two oven safe dishes.
- Pour the egg mixture into each dish and bake for 30 minutes.
PIN IT HERE!