Oh hey there! I'm glad you could stop by to enjoy these beautiful lemon chicken skewers. I made them last week after picking an abundance of lemons from our tree. I was trying to think up all sorts of ways to use them. I have a few other ideas, but this was the first thing that came to mine. I'm all about my barbecue right now. It's been insanely hot the past week. One day we hit 106F! So rather than heat up the house I just go outside and light up the grill. Plus the barbecue really does make everything taste better.
It's like a rainbow with the red, yellow and orange mini peppers, onions and fresh parsley. I love it! If you're having a summer barbecue you should definitely make these. Everyone will love how pretty they are. And how delicious they are too of course!
I served them with cauliflower rice and I added in a little chopped parsley and lemon juice. I needed to use my lemons!
Lemon Chicken Skewers
Prep 15 min + marinating time (from 2 hours to overnight)
Cooking 15 min
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp blak pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small onion
- 10 mini sweet peppers
- Wood skewers
- Soak the wooden skewers in water while you prepare the chicken to prevent them from burning on the grill
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, parsley, oregano, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Cut the onions and mini peppers into bite sized squares that can be skewered
- Add the chicken, onions and mini peppers to the bowl of marinade and toss to combine
- Cover and refrigerate for at least a couple hours, or overnight
- Turn your grill to medium high heat
- Skewer the chicken, onions and peppers
- Cook for about 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and slightly charred on the outside
- Serve with lemon wedges
PIN IT HERE!