I'm always looking for quick, easy and tasty protein options. In addition to eating a paleo diet I also track my macronutrients. Eating the right balance of protein, carbs and fat helps to fuel my training, aid in my recovery and promote overall health. As an athlete this is so important to me! I find that carbs and fat are pretty easy to come by. Fruit, vegetables, avocados, nuts, etc. can all be eaten raw. But getting the right amount of protein every day is the most important thing and I hate being caught off guard. Sure there are protein shakes and protein bars, but those are a last resort. I want my diet to be focused around real food. So every week I try to prep a good amount of protein, then I mix in carbs and fat to make my meals (I do cook vegetables too, but I find they're pretty easy to prep).
I shared this recipe yesterday on SnapChat (you can follow me at livinpaleo). The recipe is so easy I shared it in a 15 second video post. To my surprise I received a bunch of messages from people saying they'd gone straight home and prepped this meal. I guess I'm not the only one looking for fast and easy protein options! This recipe only has 5 ingredients and it's made in a slow cooker, so it's so simple. Enjoy!
Quick and Easy Sriracha Slow Cooker Chicken
Prep 5 min
Cooking 6-8 hours (low) 3-4 hours (high)
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Add the chopped onion and chicken breasts to your slow cooker
- In a bowl whisk together the sriracha sauce, honey and lime juice
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir to combine
- Put the lid on your slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
- Shred the chicken with two forks and serve.
- If you are storing leftovers in the fridge, keep the sauce with the chicken. It will keep the chicken juicy and full of flavor.
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat 5 g
Sodium 227 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 45 g
PIN IT HERE!