Summer isn't over yet! And there's still plenty of sunshine to go around. So I'm planning to make the most of it these next few weeks. It's pretty hot here today actually, nearly 100F, and I just finished an awesome workout with my teammates. Now I'm taking a road trip down to Southern California to visit a couple of my girlfriends from college for a few days. I'm pretty sure we're just going to lay at the beach and eat lots of good food. That's what we do best. And it always makes me happy. Before I hit the road I whipped up this iced almond mint mocha to keep me awake for the 5 hour drive. Well hopefully it's only a 5 hour drive. It could potentially be 6 or 7 depending on how much traffic I hit in Los Angeles. But I've got a good book to listen to so I'll survive!
Iced Almond Mint Mocha
Prep 5 min
- 5 mint leaves
- 3/4 cup cold brew or brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp honey (or to taste)
- In the bottom of a glass muddle the mint leaves
- Add the cold brew, almond milk, cocoa powder and honey and stir until fully mixed
- Add ice and serve
- Optional: dip the rim of an empty glass in melted dark chocolate and crushed almonds and top with coconut whipped cream and paleo donuts
PIN IT HERE!