I'm always on the lookout for a good energy bar. Something that has plenty of carbs for a pre or post workout snack and that also tastes good. I can't always stomach a whole meal right before or after I train, but I know I need the carbs to get me through my workout and to help with recovery. Date based bars are my fav and I love RX Bars and Larabars.
If I'm going to make my own bar I'm probably going to put chocolate in it. Because who doesn't love chocolate? And I'm hooked on mint chocolate everything right now! This bars is so easy to make and reminds me a lot of the mint brownie larabar. So if you like those, you'll love this one!
Make these bars, wrap them up individually and take them with you so you always have one on hand. They're great for traveling and long days. And the best part? I've added Puori's new product, G3 Greens, a nutrient dense source of organic spinach, kale and parsley. When you're traveling and it's hard to get all of your veggies in, this supplement is lifesaver! And you can't even taste it in these bars.
Mint Chocolate Energy Bars
Prep 15 min
- 1 cup packed, pitted, soft whole dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 2 servings G3 greens powder
- Place the dates in a bowl with a cup of warm water and let soak for about 10 minutes
- While the dates soak add the almonds and walnuts to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped
- Drain the dates and discard the water, then add the dates and remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend until fully combined, about 2 minutes
- Place the mixture between two large pieces of parchment paper and roll out with a rolling pin, then cut into 8 bars
- Keep refrigerated
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat 10 g
Sodium 20 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 4 g
PIN IT HERE!